Sonokinetic – Toll (KONTAKT)
Quality: 24 bit 44.1 kHz stereo
Way back when, when Sonokinetic was in its infant stage, we recorded two carillons and turned them into a simple kontakt instrument. Ever since, we have felt the urge to revisit that, and do it with the knowledge and experience we have gained over the past years. That time has come, and this time it is not just a carillon, but a large collection of different sized bells, from various periods and places of origin.
Each hit on these bells will spark a very unique and authentic sound that can only be generated by pure weight and age. Sonokinetic sampled historical valuable bronze cast bells as old as a 1000 years, proceeded through the ages of innovation in bell casting and tuning and ended in our time of hi-tech computer calibrated pitch perfect bells, and sampled all of those with great attention to detail, preserving their original tails of up to 30 seconds.
The swiss pocketknife of the collection is the Carillon, sounding just amazing! This is the best pitched and sound callibrated Carillon you will find. Originally cast by the foundries that made the new bell in the Notre Dame in Paris, the Olympic Games 2012 bell and several renowned carillons all over Europe. Where Sonokinetic Mallets is there for your subtle orchestral needs, this product will literally blow you away, and make everything sound epic and Majestic, and add a weight to your compositions, pun intended, in a way that not many instruments are able to.
It’s just amazing when you think of it, that you can now have things like this in your composing arsenal, complete church organs, orchestras and clocks weighing thousands of kilos, on a laptop or desktop computer, literally at your fingertips.
All samples for this product are recorded and sampled in 24bit 96Khz, and all processing is done in that resolution, after which we converted them to 24 bit 48Khz, making a convenient package of just over 3 GB.
Over a timespan of more than a 1000 years of production, assembly, usage and preservation this very unique collection of bells are sampled here for the fist time and offered to you in an original Sonokinetic library.
Sonokinetic climbed a cathedral, risking permanent hearing loss, to capture the original sound of 6000kg heavy cast bells that sound from the Dutch Saint Johns Cathedral and traveled back in time to ancient Dutch Glory of the Golden age in the 16th and 17th century where the production of tower bells was perfected. Toll covers bells from European countries like Belgium, France, Germany and the Netherlands, and an in depth study and recording of South-East-Asian ceremonial bells covering ground from Vietnam to China.
- One Kontakt 4 & One Kontakt 5 patch spanning:
- 4 Main Bell categories
- Historical Bells Collection
- Silk Road Bells Collection
- Tower Bells Collection
- 4 Main Bell categories
- Two Carillons, played hard and soft
- 15 European Original Bells from 14th century to 20th century
- 13 South East Asian Ceremonial Bells 10th century to 19th century
- 3 Tower bells, including the Saint John’s Cathedral bells
- 4 matching Impulse responses “Chapel”, “Cathedral”, “Temple” and “Summit”
- Kontakt Convolution Reverb
- Full Round Robin control. (Exclude, Freeze, Mark)
- Sample Tail Control (Kontakt length adjustable)
- Kontakt 4: 3 Band EQ, 5: 4 Band Solid-G EQ
- 600+ samples. (3,3+ GB sample content) in wave format
- Royalty and copyright free content license.
- Toll Reference manual (pdf).
- Artwork: “Toll” dvd cover. Designed by Sonokinetic
Format: All files in 48 kHz, 24bit wave format.
Programmed for Kontakt 4.2.4. & Kontakt 5 (FULL VERSION ONLY! not compatible with the free Kontakt Player!)